I started this entry in October, but it became incredibly intimidating to me to write for some reason. So as with anything we fear, I just ignored it and put it on the back burner to never see the light of day. I was so honored by Sam since she chose me and then I just felt so inadequate that I didn’t bother to finish the entry. So today, as part of my “forward” mantra of 2018, I finished it. Maybe a few months behind but at least it’s done.
I have been diving more into this blogging thing and working on making it something more regular so in that vane I’ve joined a few blogging groups. As part of that there was a post asking for our links to be nominated for The Liebster Award and I was chosen by Sam Richardson at Living Richardson. I highly recommend you checking out her blog for a little bit of everything including her post More Than A Number about dealing with love and loss. It is so raw, real, and touching that you feel it as well as the resilience and power she demonstrates when dealing with the loss of her children. It is such a tough conversation to have but I feel like we benefit when we have those tough conversations and kudos to Sam for being able to put it out there.
As part of The Liebster Award there are some “rules” (I use the term loosely because they don’t feel like rules).
Ten Random Facts About Me:
1. I did not start drinking coffee until I was in college and then I drank it at 2 AM while sitting in the diner. Now I drink it more out of habit than anything else but I do love my french press.
2. I’ve always loved the name Samantha and had the American Girls (TM) doll. I technically named my daughter after a doll!
3. I wanted to be Dana Scully and originally I thought I would be a medical examiner.
4. I sometimes miss doing more “real” science or research but I love being a teacher.
5. For the past couple years my form of relaxation has been hanging out with the BFF watching really bad reality TV that I’m kind of embarrassed to admit.
6. I’m one of those strange people who is a dog AND a cat person. However some days one of them is more preferable than the other!
7. I used to drink a lot of soda (2+ liters a day), then quit cold turkey and went through serious withdrawal.
8. I love snow days.
9. I love to cook but I’m terrible at following recipes so my food almost never tastes the same two times in a row.
10. I curse way more than I should especially now that I have a daughter who is starting to mimic me.
Questions from Sam:
1. What is the most extreme thing you’ve ever done? Hiked the Costa Rican Rain Forest when I was a freshman in high school.
2. When do you find time to blog? Usually when the Munchkin is sleeping.
3. How long would you survive the zombie apocalypse? I would like to believe I’m scrappy and can hold my own but I’m not sure I would survive very long without the Mr., he’s the one who’s really prepared for it.
4. What is your favorite book or book series? My favorite book series has always been Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery.
5. What superpower would you like to have? I would love to be able to fly. I hate the process of traveling but love to go places.
6. Who would play you in a movie about your life? I would love Melissa McCarthy to play me in a movie about my life.
7. How did you pick the name for your blog? I looked around and realized that life my life is pretty messy somedays (physically and emotionally) but it’s still perfect.
8. What is at the top of your bucket list? I really want to travel to the UK, specifically Scotland and Ireland.
9. What is the best compliment you’ve ever received? “You’re like a 7th time mom.” It was a co-worker commenting on how relaxed I was in regards to the Munchkin.
10. What is your favorite quote? “Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it!”
11. Who has left the biggest impact on your life? I’m going to have to say my parents.
Blogs I nominate (I guess technically for the 2018 award since I’m late to the game):
- Earl Grey and Yellow
- So I’m A Mom Now
- Sparkles and Stretch Marks
- The Minimalist Mom
- Nerd Mom For The Win
Questions for my Nominees if they choose to accept this award:
- What is your favorite color?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Would you rather walk or ride?
- Are you an Apple or Android user?
- What is the most inspiring place you’ve ever been?
- Do you prefer tea or coffee?
- What is your favorite non-profit organization?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Do you prefer the beach or the mountains?
- If you had a completely free day, what are the first 3 things you would do?